In this ever-changing world, it’s imperative to keep ourselves updated. Decades ago, ads and newspapers were two of the most popular ways to market a service or a product. But as technology improved, new doors were opened. And today, we have countless ways to market our business and make meaningful connections with our customers.
Social media marketing:
“The first rule of social media is that everything changes all the time. What won’t change is the community’s desire to network.” – Kami Huyse.
When we hear the word “Social media marketing,” we automatically think about Facebook and Twitter. Around 20 million small businesses have their own Facebook page to promote their business and get in touch with their customers. Yes, they are an integral part of social media marketing. But there is much more to social media marketing than just Facebook and Twitter. Like Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, Reddit, and more. And in this article, we are going to talk about “How and why you should market your business on Instagram?”
So, let’s get started.
Why should you market your business on Instagram?
With over 500 million active users every day, it is one of the most used social media platforms. Instagram relays heavily on photos and videos. 90% of information transmitted to our brain is visual, which makes Instagram an ideal place to engage with your audience.
But that is not the only reason to use IG. A study has revealed that 80% of IG accounts follow at least one business. And about 120 Million users have engaged with a business after seeing an ad on Instagram. In short, there is a higher chance of reaching more audiences.
Now that we have learned the importance of Instagram, let’s go to the next step.
How to market your product or service on Instagram?
- Post high-quality photos – Make sure all the pictures, quotes you post are of high-quality. Instagram automatically makes your photos square. Resize your image to 1024 x 1024 pixels, so it doesn’t look cropped out.
- Include a link in your bio – Your bio would be the key factor that helps people decide whether or not they want to follow you. So, make sure your bio is crisp and innovative, and add a link to your website at the end of your bio.
- Use hashtags – More than 95 million photos are posted on Instagram every day, so there is a high chance for your photos to get lost in the sea. Using relevant hashtags can help your posts stay discoverable forever.
- Make use of IG stories – IG stories is one of the most popular features of Instagram. A study has revealed that 1 out of 4 millennials and Gen-Zers look for stories related to the product or service they are plan to buy. And it’s visibility is not only limited to your followers, which means it can be found by anyone.
- Conduct polls, Q/A, and contests – Conducting polls and Q/A session can help you determine what does your followers like. You can also conduct contests to show your appreciation to your followers.
Social media has become an integral part of our daily life. So, being active on social media can help your brand reach people easily.